Christ The King is a Roman Catholic primary school provided by the Diocese of Salford and is maintained by Salford City Council as a Voluntary Aided school.
The school’s Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications and admissions.
For the school year commencing September 2023, the Governing Body has set its planned admission number at 30.
Admission to the school will be made by the Governing Body in accordance with the stated preferences it receives, subject to the following set of criteria, which will be used to form a priority order if there are more applications for admission than the school has places available.
- Baptised Roman Catholic Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children with exceptional need/and/or social need.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister* attending the school at the time of admission and resident in the parish of Christ The King.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children resident in the parish of Christ The King.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister* attending the school at the time of admission and are resident in another parish.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in another parish.
- Other Looked After Children or were previously Looked After Children.
- Other children with exceptional medical/and/or social need.
- Other children with a brother or sister* attending the school at the time of admission.
- Other children.
*The term ‘brothers and sisters’ will be taken to include step brothers and sisters, adopted children, foster children and children of partners living in the same household. In relation to children of multiple births, exceptionally it may be necessary to offer places over the published admission number. This is to ensure that as far as possible siblings from multiple births can attend the same school. This exception will only apply if the admission is compatible with the duty to comply with infant class size legislation. Where necessary, allocation will be undertaken by a random lottery carried out in a public place.
You can download full notes on our Admissions Policy from this page.
PAN application number: 30
Closing date for applications: 15 January 2024