Welcome to Nursery!
The children have settled really well and made lots of friends last term. They will be ready to find out lots of new things this term. We will go with the interests of the children and they are keen to find out about the world around them, retelling stories and making models.
This term we will:
- celebrate Chinese New Year and try to use chopsticks to eat Chinese noodles, crackers and dips.
- read Percy the Park Keeper stories and make Percy’s shed.
- be thinking about looking after winter animals, making bird feeders, vegetable soup and crusty bread to keep us warm in Winter.
- continue to use lots of fine motor skills activities to improve pencil control to help us to write our names and numbers.
- develop our counting skills to 20 and combine sets to 10 and compare measures in the sand and water.
- be finding out about new life in Spring and all about baby animals on the farm and hopefully enjoy a trip to the farm in Spring.
We’re going to be busy having lots of fun!
To help your child at home we suggest reading a variety of stories and information books, discussing the story as you read. Singing lots of nursery and number rhymes will help your child develop their counting skills.
There are many games/stories/clips on the CBBC website for you to access. You can also access the Jolly Phonics website by searching 'Jolly Phonics' in Google.