Our school exists to serve the parish of Christ the King working together for the development of our children with the love of God as our central focus.
All members of our community - children, staff, parents, governors and friends work in partnership towards love, tolerance and justice.
With this common bond we recognise the uniqueness of each child as part of God's creation.
Therefore we aim to develop their particular talents and needs, thus allowing them to achieve their full potential.
Aims of the School
We are a voluntary aided Roman Catholic School aiming to provide a secure, happy and Catholic atmosphere within a stimulating environment where children can develop and learn surrounded by support and co-operation.
All children are valued and recognised as individuals, whose needs must be catered for and respected by all members of our community. We hope that the children in our school are prepared for the opportunities and respect they will face in the wider community.
- To develop the whole child within a Catholic atmosphere.
- To help every child to enjoy school, to find satisfaction and a sense of achievement.
- To help each child to develop a love of learning.
- To enable each child to realise his or her potential through the development of skills, concepts and knowledge.
- To develop each child's ability to reason, question, investigate and interpret findings critically.
- To establish a friendly and professional working relationship between parents and staff in which both parties can feel able to talk frankly about the child's progress, development and individual needs.
- To help parents to understand the aims and objectives of the school and the implications of these for their child.
- The teacher's task is to teach an ordered body of knowledge and skills in a structured way.